American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
8 Hour Online MAT Waiver Training
At the conclusion of this activity, learners should be able to:
- Review addiction identification and evidence-based treatments.
- Discuss the pharmacology of opioids as it relates to treatment of opioid use disorder (OUD) patients.
- Describe the fundamentals of office-based opioid treatment including the treatment of the co-morbid patient.
- Explain the process of buprenorphine induction as well as stabilization and maintenance.
- Discuss other approved antagonist and agonist medications to treat OUD.
- Discuss basic office protocols including medical record documentation and confidentially.
- Utilize evidence-based resources to ensure providers have the confidence to prescribe buprenorphine for patients with OUD.
- Apply for a MAT Waiver Training Certificate to begin treating patients with OUD.